Lyso Flipper-TR® is a fluorescent probe that specifically targets the membrane of lysosomes of cells and reports membrane tension changes through its fluorescence lifetime changes. It contains a lysosome targeting motive as well as a Flipper fluorophore1-2) which senses changes of the organization of lipid bilayer membranes through changes of the twist angle and polarization between the two twisted dithienothiophenes of the mechanophore. Lyso Flipper-TR® spontaneously labels lysosomes of cells and is only fluorescent when inserted in a lipid membrane. It has a broad absorption and emission spectrum, excitation can be commonly performed with a 488nm laser, while emission is collected between 575 and 625nm. A detailed protocol for staining and FLIM imaging can be found in the datasheet. Probe quantity allows 35 – 150 staining experiments.*
Customers from Europe (without Switzerland), please order from our dedicated supplier Tebu-bio
Customers from north America, please order from our dedicated supplier Cytoskeleton, Inc
You can request a quote by filling this form or place an order following these instructions:
We accept all types of purchase orders. If you want to place an order, please provide us with the following information and send it as pdf or email it to us at email@example.com:
- Quantity of SC022: number of 35 nmol Lyso Flipper-TR® probe tubes
- Shipping Address, including name, phone and email of a contact person
- Billing Address, if different from Shipping Address
- Do you want to use your own Fedex account for shipping? If yes, please provide us with your Fedex account No
- Preferred Currency: USD, EUR or CHF
- Payment method: Wire transfer (preferred) or Credit Card (via PayPal). If you chose the latter, please provide the email address of the Card Holder. Our payment terms are 30 days, net, after receipt of the invoice.
Price without shipping:
SC022: 35 nmol Lyso Flipper-TR® probe without shipping is 390 USD, 350 EUR or 390 CHF (shipping carried out via your Fedex account)
Shipping is carried out via Fedex Int’l Priority. Our price for that service is 45 USD, 40 EUR or 45 CHF.
Additional import costs from taxes, custom fees, etc. might occur at your expense
Orders are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
λabs 480 nm
λfl 600 nm
εmax 1.66·104 mol-1·cm-1 (in DMSO)
lifetime 2.8-7 ns
QY 30% (in AcOEt)
Flipper-TR® fluorophore Abs/Em spectra (Excel format)
1) Colom A, et al: A fluorescent membrane tension probe, Nat Chem, 2018, 10:1118–1125 ().
2) Goujon A, et al: Mechanosensitive Fluorescent Probes to Image Membrane Tension in Mitochondria, Endoplasmic Reticulum, and Lysosomes, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 141, 8, 3380–3384, 2019.
*Based on the following conditions: 0.5 – 1 ml staining solution / staining experiments with 0.5 – 1 uM probe concentration. The number of staining experiments can be further increased by reducing volume or probe concentration.
Lyso Flipper-TR® probe is distributed by Spirochrome under an exclusive license from the University of Geneva, Switzerland and was developed by the NCCR Chemical Biology.